All this sites` content can only be accessed via registration. You can register by clicking below or by using Twitter/Microsoft Accounts to log on. Facebook and Google (gmail) are coming soon.
It`s a quick, easy and free process - no need to make a donation (even though donations are critical for the continuing running of this website).
Free Registration lets you:
- Download some Scanner Australia developed software.
- View and use frequencies, Talk Groups, Repeater towers and channel IDs for the NSW and ACT Government Radio Network.
- Interact on the forums, chat rooms and via private message.
- Connect to the Live channels on offer exclusively through Scanner Australia.
The "I am a Supporter" Package lets you:
- Have all of the above, plus
- Download all Scanner Australia developed Software
- Enjoy max download speed, no waiting times and access to beta software
- Guaranteed slot on the Live Audio Channels (GRN Live Feeds)
- Full ticket support for your own scanner and all website features
- No ads
- No restrictions on private messages, forum access
See you on the other side.
What is Opacity?
Opacity is the domain name that allows you to connect to a digital scanner display. Opacity will also be the future location of upcoming projects. There is plenty of stuff in the pipeline.
How does it work?
Navigate to opacity.net.au and you will see the digital scanner display showing:
1) Name of the System
2) Channel Name
4) Reception strength
Connect to audio by pressing the link at the top of the page. The audio will play in synch of the display.
Can I control the scanner?
While it is possible to remotely control the scanner, this function is password protected and is only used by Administrators to fix issues or lock onto a channel in emergency situations.
What browser/OS do I need to make it work?
The display has been tested with all major browsers and Windows/Mac.
Can I connect using a mobile?
Yes you can.
The link is dead and I cannot access the webpage. What is wrong?
Please try again later, maintenance, severe weather, power failures or other situations may be causing the stream to go offline.
The webpage is displaying but I cannot connect to the audio. Why?
At the time of writing, the current capacity is 100 users - this is likely to increase in the future but at the moment it is more than enough for normal situations. That being said, at certain times of major events (good or bad), the popularity sky rockets - if that is the case, I urge you to use the standard stream (without the display).
My question isnt answered/I still have problems
Either post on the forums or submit a support ticket. Turn around for the tickets is 48 hours. For URGENT contact, email me direct at firstname.lastname@example.org
Part of the web server, there is a file server function. In this, I occasionally make database files, audio clips or applications available that I deem useful. All files are safe and virus free but you do use those files at your own risk!