Scanner Australia Broadcasting

No Further Mvps Accepted From November 1st

After some debate, it has been decided that the Police stream will be discontinued. Therefore we will be stopping MVP additions from November 1st onwards.

The deciding point for me personally was that the demand for an online radio has gone back dramatically. I could show you all the statistics but I wont really bother as it is quite obvious. Scanner Australia will continue with providing a place where you can get your frequencies and help for scanners from.

There is still some time for the stream left (another 2.5 weeks) but this will be accessible for all members from Nov 1st.

I know this will be dissapointing to many people but I found it increasingly difficult to support such a project from home while working fulltime.

So thanks to everyone that supported us with words and cash. All donations have been used to pay for the domains and hosting.

After some debate, it has been decided that the Police stream will be discontinued. Therefore we will be stopping MVP additions from November 1st onwards.

The deciding point for me personally was that the demand for an online radio has gone back dramatically. I could show you all the statistics but I wont really bother as it is quite obvious. Scanner Australia will continue with providing a place where you can get your frequencies and help for scanners from.

There is still some time for the stream left (another 2.5 weeks) but this will be accessible for all members from Nov 1st.

I know this will be dissapointing to many people but I found it increasingly difficult to support such a project from home while working fulltime.

So thanks to everyone that supported us with words and cash. All donations have been used to pay for the domains and hosting.

oh thats very sad.very sad.im going to miss it.
:( :(
  • 4 weeks later...
Where can we listen to the stream while it is still up?

Thanks.

I have been listening to the Illawarra Stream as although it's mostly Wollongong, they seem to also talk about a lot of other areas as well. See my post "Illawarra Stream"

I have found another site with a few different areas, although none covering Sydney and if Richad gives
permission I will post a link here soon