Welcome to Scanner Australia Broadcasting

Hi there,

All this sites` content can only be accessed via registration. You can register by clicking below or by using Twitter/Microsoft Accounts to log on. Facebook and Google (gmail) are coming soon.

It`s a quick, easy and free process - no need to make a donation (even though donations are critical for the continuing running of this website). 

Free Registration lets you:

• Download some Scanner Australia developed software.
  • View and use frequencies, Talk Groups, Repeater towers and channel IDs for the NSW and ACT Government Radio Network.
  • Interact on the forums, chat rooms and via private message.
  • Connect to the Live channels on offer exclusively through Scanner Australia.

The "I am a Supporter" Package lets you:

• Have all of the above, plus
  • Download all Scanner Australia developed Software
  • Enjoy max download speed, no waiting times and access to beta software
  • Guaranteed slot on the Live Audio Channels (GRN Live Feeds)
  • Full ticket support for your own scanner and all website features
  • No ads
  • No restrictions on private messages, forum access

See you on the other side.

Richad

Just wondering how you found this website?

57 posts in this topic
So how did you find us?

a friend told me aout the site.i just looked it up and bobs your uncle. :D

Found the website cos i was searching to find out why my analog scanner is no longer picking up Vic police.
I understand they've changed to digital now... can anyone tell me if i will be able to listen on a digital scanner? or are they encrypted?

Ahhh, so great to be back at this site again, i used to be Scannewcastle, but now i am HerveybayScan (feel in love with the fraser coast of QLD, packed up the kids and work and off we went), new to scanning SE QLD but slowly getting a bunch of Freqs together (Thanks Gary from Newcastle...I swear he knows almost everything). any how now that i am back online and back into scanning i will frequent these pages regulary, if there is anyone from the Fraser coast pls email me, richad..hope to chat with you again soon.

And yes i still cant spelll

Take care all

Jarrad (formely known as "scannewcastle")

Now proudly HerveyBayScan...

:rolleyes: <_< :mellow: :unsure: :blink: ;)

lol there are you... I was wondering what had happened to you - you seemed to vanish over night. Its good to see that you are going okay.

Hehe,

Well look at my member number.. 56. Hehe I was a member when the city was the country. Nah but exadurated but I'm a member from way back. This is now a regular member :D

Cheers

I found this site via a Whirlpool thread a long time ago...

I found what Richad was doing to be very interesting but at the time he had limited bandwidth to provide the stream.

Soo at exactly 2004-Dec-13, 10:07 pm (checked my WHIMs) I sent Richad a message offering to provide a stream server for the Police Stream and ever since then I've been providing the stream server for Richad and the ScannerAustralia community. :)

Wow... that's almost 2 and a half years ago now - time flys!

It's been a pleasure to contribute to such a cool thing. ;)

Anyway... there's my story.

- Shane

I found this website from my friend....Google :)

Edited by camlew2

I, like so many other members, cam across this website via Google. I was particulaly interested in finding scanning forums for QLD (which I have found and I'm a member with), and came acroos this site, even though it's mainly based around NSW/ Vic area, I still find this site very informative.

I, like so many other members, cam across this website via Google. I was particulaly interested in finding scanning forums for QLD (which I have found and I'm a member with), and came acroos this site, even though it's mainly based around NSW/ Vic area, I still find this site very informative.

I am hoping that more people jump on board that dont live in NSW, would be nice to see a larger userbase

one of the original members and staff member for about 7 months. and i am from Brisbane

I was searching for scanner information, downloads, frequencies, etc on google

Welcome!

Please feel free to join in on the community,
Also, it would be good for some feedback on the site from a "newbies" point of view.

Cheers
MK

So how did you find us?

Hi, i found this site by using google, i have an analogue scanner which i can still use as i live in a small country town in NSW and they have not switched over to digital as yet. Dicey

I came across the site whilst browsing the forums on whirlpool. It looked quite interesting and so i signed up and spent a bit of time lurking and listening.

Then it fell by the wayside and I had completely forgotten about it until I received an email recently reminding me it was here.

I'm quite impressed by the changes that have taken place during that time.

There certainly has been alot of changes for the better

Reading posts at Whirlpools discussion site, users had mentioned this site and grabbed my attention so then I signed up.

I was referred by a fellow member over at radio reference i think?

Yeah hi . I actually was searching for the Uniden Frequency page and came across this site. I live in Deception Bay Queensland and would really appreciate some appropriate frequencies thank you.

I found this forum via MelbourneMetroScan - The urge to finally update my scanner is getting stronger, but the Scottish blood in me will only part with the dosh if it's a bargain (and highly recommended).
Hence, I've come in search of scanner wisdom :P

Hey mate,

WELCOME,

Enjoy your stay,

Tony

Hi Kez, welcome. Feel free to ask questions.

Hey mate,

WELCOME,

Enjoy your stay,

Tony

Thanks Fungus & Tony,

Cheers :)